Why Riviera Travel
Passionate about Travel – it’s probably an overused phrase - and a brave claim - but we genuinely believe we are more passionate about our holidays than any other Tour Operator. Why? Firstly because we only operate to places we’re truly passionate about and in a manner to match. After all, if we cannot be passionate about what we do, how can we expect our clients to be? Plus within every aspect of our entire holiday collection, we spend an inordinate amount of time on painstaking research, examining the tiniest detail, constantly evolving what we do and adding so many subtle touches. Making sure flight times are as convenient as they can be and hotels are as good as possible within their categories. We aim to create not a travel experience, but also one of genuine pleasure, education and entertainment.
We offer you an unforgettable journey through time and culture, breaking through any obvious ‘veneer’ to the real destination beyond. Of course, you see the classic ‘sights’, many with guided tours, but you also visit fascinating, probably more intimate places, perhaps less known but often even more intriguing. Your included and substantial range of hugely informative tours are sometimes on foot, but at other times explore a little further afield too - so you learn and appreciate fully the countries through which you journey. Our unique combination and our simple, honest approach have served us well over the years and illustrates with great clarity why so many of you voted for us, resulting in the prestigious travel awards we currently hold. We realise we can never achieve perfection – but it will never stop us trying!, and the harder we continually try the more we will always exceed our clients’ expectations!
A Passion For Quality - No Compromise
When you travel on a Riviera Travel holiday, you can be completely sure that all aspects of it will have been worked on with passion, to obtain the best quality result. With many companies, even some household names, this may not always be the case – especially if they simply ‘badge’ a tour already operated by a local company in your chosen destination. This often results in disjointed multilingual commentaries, or an itinerary that isn’t as tailored as you’d expected. We personally select every single element of our holidays - from hotels and suppliers, to local guides and visits - so they’re exactly right for our clientele, with absolutely no compromise. All of our tours are managed by our own tour managers, who have been trained by us. Plus you’ll have 24 hour, UK-based emergency telephone help if required, for complete peace of mind. From Listening Carefully For 30 years We’ve always worked hard not just to meet, but to exceed the expectations of our discerning clients – by listening to them extremely carefully over the years and evolving our holidays accordingly. So when you travel, you can rest assured we’ve done all the hard work for you. Ultimately when we describe our holidays as ‘escorted tours’ we mean just that - we’re with you all the way to your chosen destination and back! Independent Choice, Unbiased Advice
We’re passionate about being an independent company - not part of a large, multinational, often impersonal organisation. This precious independence and our investment in research and people mean we’re free to create the very best holidays, whilst providing the best value for money. All our staff undergo intensive resort-based annual training, building unrivalled knowledge so they can advise you personally about your holiday, based on their own invaluable experience. This passion and commitment to quality, thoughtfulness and value are our guaranteed hallmarks. With Riviera Travel, helpfulness with a smile comes as standard – we care about your holiday as much as you do! Add this to the awards we have received and why would you entrust your plans to anyone else?
Tour Managers Who Bring Your Holiday to Life
Our regular clients constantly tell us our staff, truly are outstanding. Selected for their extensive knowledge, being multilingual with a naturally caring disposition, and having outstanding organisational ability plus exceptional people skills, they are then thoroughly trained by us. All our holidays are managed by our Tour Managers, many of whom have been with us for over a decade, sixteen of them now for over twenty years! Caring, professional and reliable in the event of any problem, our clients say that being with them is like being with a trusted friend who clearly love the destinations: it’s a passion, not just a job! You’ll learn far more from our staff than you would from many guidebooks – and their enthusiasm and intimate knowledge brings your holiday to life.
Our Price Promise - No Hidden Costs or Surcharge
Our holidays offer outstanding value for money; you miss nothing of importance and our fully comprehensive itineraries include the ‘must see’ sights and experiences, plus a whole host of less famous visits you will just love. However many companies sell some of these as ‘optionals’ adding to your overall cost. Our pricing is transparent and clear. It includes essentials like taxes, “fuel” supplements and there are no hidden extras. We’re proud that since our inception 30 years ago, we’ve never levied a surcharge – even when currency, fuel and more recently tax movements were excessive. Our ‘no surcharge’ guarantee means that whatever happens after booking, the price will not increase.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Your contract is with Riviera Tours Limited, a member of ABTA, ATOL & IATA.
1. In placing your booking you guarantee you have authority to accept and do accept these Booking Conditions on behalf of you and your party. A contract exists on issue of a confirmation invoice, which is subject to these Booking Conditions and governed by English Law and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
2. In order to process your booking and to ensure that you travel arrangements run smoothly and meet your requirements we need to use the information you provide such as name, address, any special needs/dietary requirements etc. We take full responsibility for ensuring that proper security measures are in place to protect your information. We must pass the information on to the relevant suppliers of you travel arrangements such as airlines, hotels, transport companies etc. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law. Additionally, where your holiday is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), controls on data protection in your destination may not be as strong as the legal requirements in this country. We will not pass any information onto any person not responsible for part of your travel arrangements. This applies to any sensitive information that you give to us such as details of any disabilities , or dietary/religious requirements.
3. The deposit, detailed on the relevant page of this price & departure dates booklet, is accepted as part payment of the holiday price and is due at the time of booking. In the event you fail to pay the balance of the holiday price by eight weeks before your departure date we reserve the right to cancel your holiday and apply cancellation charges in accordance with paragraph 6.
4. After issue of the confirmation invoice, if you amend your holiday an amendment fee of £15 per passenger plus any costs charged by our suppliers in making such amendments shall be chargeable.
5. Holiday prices are calculated using the exchange rates quoted by the Financial Times on 28/07/14, US$ 1.65 and €1.21. Once your booking has been confirmed, we guarantee not to surcharge your booking as a result of any cost increases. We reserve the right to change prices from time to time. Any changes will be quoted to you before you make your booking.
6. If you cancel your holiday other than in accordance with paragraph 8, you must inform us in writing sent by recorded delivery, registered post or email.
The following cancellation charges apply based on the period before departure when cancellation notice is received more than 56 days - deposit only; 56 - 31 days - 50%; 30 - 15 days - 95%; 14 days or less - 100%. Please note for European cruises, the cancellation charges are as follows:
more than 56 days - deposit only;
56 - 31 days - 80%;
30 - 15 days - 95%;
14 days or less – 100% (charges shown as a % of the holiday price).
Cancellation of certain transport arrangements, typically flight upgrades, connecting flights and train tickets can result in up to 100% cancellation charges regardless of the notice of period given to us. We reserve the right to pass on these charges which will apply to any upgrade to the transport element of your holiday and the cancellation charges in the scale above will apply to the other elements of your holiday (e.g. Accommodation, optional extras.) Also note that the transport provider may refuse to issue replacement tickets for lost or stolen tickets and new tickets may have to be purchased by you. The cost of the new ticket may be greater that the cost of the original ticket.
7. We reserve the right to make minor changes to your holiday, which will be notified to you as soon as possible. Examples include change to aircraft type, alteration of flight/Eurostar times by less than 12 hours, change of accommodation within a similar standard.
8. Major changes to your holiday will be notified to you as soon as possible. Examples include an alteration to your flight time of more than 12 hours, change of resort or change to a lower standard of accommodation. You will have the choice of accepting the change or cancelling the holiday and receiving a full refund including deposit. A minimum number of clients are required for this holiday to operate. Should this not be achieved we may cancel the holiday and refund all monies paid by you. However, we undertake not to cancel the holiday after the balance due date other than by your failure to pay the balance (paragraph 3), or where paragraph 9 applies, and will make all reasonable efforts not to cancel less than 56 days before departure. The amounts of compensation in the table below are by way of a guideline only, in the event of a major change, and may in appropriate circumstances be increased or decreased. Period of Notice we give you Compensation for each passenger 56 - 15 days prior to departure £10 14 days and less prior to departure £25 In accordance with EU Regulation 2111/2005 we are required to advise you of the actual carrier operating your flight/connecting flight/transfer. This is included in the dates and prices section of our brochure, or in your confirmation, as appropriate. Any changes to the actual airline after you have received your tickets will be notified to you as soon as possible and in all cases at check-in or at the boarding gate. Such a change is deemed to be a minor change.
9. In the event of circumstances beyond our control, we regret that we cannot accept liability or pay compensation where this causes a change or cancellation to your holiday. Where we refer to circumstances beyond our control, we mean any event which we or our supplier could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Such events may include war or terrorist activities threatened or actual, civil unrest, closure of airports or seaports, industrial action, threatened or actual, adverse weather conditions, epidemics or pandemics, fire, high or low water levels on a river cruise and all similar events outside of our control. Riviera Travel is not responsible for the cost of any other travel arrangements affected due to cancellation or the rescheduling of any holiday.
10. If you have cause for complaint during your holiday, please inform your tour manager immediately. If you fail to complain in resort, we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort, and this may affect your rights under this contract. If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction whilst on holiday please notify us in writing within 14 days of your return home. We are a member of ABTA, membership number V4744. We are obliged to maintain a high standard of service to you by ABTA’s Code of Conduct. Complaints are dealt with under ABTA guidelines. Disputes arising out of or in connection with this contract that cannot be amicably settled may be referred to arbitration under a scheme arranged by ABTA, which is independently administered by the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. This Scheme does not apply to claims solely in respect of personal injury, illness or their consequences. Further information about the code or arbitration can be found on ABTA’s website http://www.abta.com
11. (i) We accept responsibility for ensuring your holiday is as described in our brochure. If any part is not provided as promised due to the fault of our employees, agents, or suppliers, we will pay an appropriate level of compensation. (ii) We accept responsibility if you or any person named on the booking suffers death, injury or illness due to the negligent acts and/or omissions of our employees or agents, suppliers or subcontractors, whilst acting within the scope of, or in the course of their employment in providing your travel arrangements. Damages will be payable in accordance with English Law, subject to paragraph (iii). (iii) The amount of compensation to which you are entitled will be limited by
: (a) The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
(b) The Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these Conventions. (iv) Under EU law you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay, details of which are available from airlines and EU airports. Reimbursement in such cases is the responsibility of the airline. Your right to a refund from us is set out in paragraph 8.
12. If you, or any member of your party, suffer death, illness or injury whilst overseas arising out of an activity that does not form part of the travel arrangements or excursion arranged through us, we cannot be held responsible. We shall at our discretion offer advice, guidance and assistance. Where legal action is contemplated and you want our assistance, you must obtain our written consent prior to commencement of proceedings. Our consent will be given subject to you undertaking to assign any costs and/or benefits received under any relevant insurance policy to Riviera Tours Limited. We limit the cost of our assistance to you or any member of your party to £5,000.
13. It is your responsibility to carry suitable travel insurance. If you travel without suitable insurance, you agree to indemnify Riviera Tours Limited for any loss or costs incurred as a result. You should also be aware of your passport, visa, immigration and health requirements. You should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and /or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. For all destinations you should consult your doctor at least one month before departure to ensure all health recommendations are adhered to. Should you wish to check the latest Foreign Office advice on any of these destinations, please consult http://www.fco.gov.uk. The EHIC isn’t a substitute for travel insurance as it does not include cover for cancellation, delay, repatriation, baggage loss, theft or treatment in private hospitals.
14. For packages that include flights, the Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for the package holidays booked from our brochure and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency. We provide this by way of an ATOL (number 3430) administered by the Civil Aviation Authority. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any monies you have paid to us for an advanced booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at http://www.atol.org.uk. For packages that do not include flights we provide financial protection by way of a bond held by ABTA.
15. You accept responsibility for the proper conduct of all members of your party. If, in the reasonable opinion of ourselves, any person(s) is not suitable to continue the holiday because of health, whether mental or physical, unreasonable behaviour, damage to property or danger or significant annoyance to others, abusive/offensive behaviour to other clients, our suppliers, hotel staff etc, then the holiday may be terminated with immediate effect. Full cancellation charges will then apply and no refund will be given. Furthermore, we shall be under no obligation whatsoever to pay compensation or meet any costs or expenses (including but not limited to alternative accommodation and travel arrangements) you may incur as a result of your booking being terminated. Passport, Visas and Health Passports should be valid for six months after your date of return and in addition should have a blank page available. For all destinations you should consult your doctor at least one month before departure to ensure all health recommendations are adhered to. Visas are not required for any countries unless indicated on the relevant page in this booklet for details. Should you wish to check the latest Foreign Office advice on any of these destinations, please consult http://www.fco.gov.uk. Whilst the travelling schedule on our holidays shall impose no problems for people of any age in normal physical health, we should like to point out that we visit many historical sites and often enjoy walking tours of various places of interest. Some holidays, therefore, may not be suitable for clients of greatly impaired mobility. If you have impaired mobility you agree to advise us at time of booking.
TYPES INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
HOW WE LOOK AFTER YOUR INFORMATION
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION WITH OTHER PEOPLE YOUR RIGHTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Please note that our services may contain links to websites or apps that are owned and operated by third parties. These websites and apps will have their own privacy policies that govern the collection and use of your personal information which you should review.
We are not responsible for the privacy practices of third party websites so your use of such websites is at your own risk. Types of information we may collect about you When you sign up to our services, such as our website forums, mobile applications, regular newsletters, enter competitions, buy a magazine subscription, order products or take up a reader offer we may ask for personal information about you. This can include information such as your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth. Different services may ask for different types of information. If you are aged 16 or under, you must get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide us with your personal information. Unless you have this consent you are not allowed to give us your information.
Here is some more specific detail about the information we may collect: Information you give to us: information that you provide by filling in forms on our services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use an app or website, subscribing to any services, posting material, filling in a survey or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion and when you report a problem with our services.
Contact information: if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence; How we look after your information The information that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (this includes the EU, Iceland, Norway and Lichtenstein). Your information will be processed by staff where it is necessary to fulfil an order, process payment details or provide you with other support services. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee its security and when giving us your information you do so at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will hold your information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant service, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
If you change your registration profile to opt-out of receiving communications from us, your record will stay on the system so we can ensure that we do not contact you in the future. If you wish to cancel your registration with any of Immediate’s websites, you may do so by contacting us using the details available in the ‘Contact Us’ section of the website or by emailing email@example.com.
How we use your information
We will use your information for a number of purposes including the following: to send you carefully selected special offers and promotions from the service you are using/title you have purchased and from Immediate Media Company Group by email, post, telephone, SMS or push notification (where applicable and permitted by the app store you use). You can opt-out of these marketing messages at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including your full name, user name (if applicable) postcode, details of the service you are using and/or magazine subscription information. Please note that it may take up to two weeks to implement this change in your preferences.
You will always be given a straightforward way to opt out of our marketing messages each time you receive a communication from us. we may use your IP address to identify your location, the number of visits from different countries and also to block disruptive use; if we need to contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for e.g. to provide you with password reminders or to notify you that a particular service has been suspended for maintenance; to tell you about changes to our service; to contact you about a submission or contribution you have made to our websites, message boards or magazines, including any content you provide; to personalise or improve the way our content and advertising is presented to you online: to analyse and improve the services we offer e.g. to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience or the most relevant information; to manage our competitions and contact the winners; to meet product orders, requests for services or information and to process payments and any other requests you make of us; to keep our records up to date; to invite you to participate in surveys about our services (participation is always voluntary); to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf; where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you. to ensure that any advertising you see is relevant to you.
lease see our Cookies Policy for more information about this; and we may use third-party advertising companies to collect data and/or serve ads when you visit our websites or mobile apps. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites or mobile apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, visit http://networkadvertising.org/. Sharing your information with others Generally, we will only use your information within the Immediate Media Company group of companies in order to provide the service/product you have requested.
We will only disclose your information to third parties (including Immediate Media Company group companies and other trusted companies) with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service you have requested or improve the service and advertising that your receive (on both our websites and apps, and third party websites and apps). We will also disclose your information to third parties when the disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Please note that if you post or send offensive, inappropriate or objectionable content anywhere on our services, or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour, we may use your information to stop such behaviour. In this instance we may use your information to inform relevant third parties such as your employer, school e-mail/internet provider or law enforcement agencies about the content and your behaviour.
We require all third parties with whom we share your information to treat it with the same protection we do. Unless you consent we also require that they do not use your information for their own business purposes. Your rights and further information Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
Last updated: April 2015